Syria ceasefire: Aid blocked from entering Ghouta, violence continues despite UN resolution

A child and a man are seen in hospital in the besieged town of Douma, Eastern Ghouta in Syria.It has been five days since the United Nations Security Council called for an urgent ceasefire across Syria and for aid to be allowed into Eastern Ghouta.

But so far there has been no delivery of any humanitarian supplies to the besieged enclave and people continue to be killed in airstrikes and shelling.

“You are failing to help us help civilians in Syria,” the UN’s humanitarian adviser on Syria, Jan Egeland, told diplomats in Geneva on Thursday.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said government shelling and airstrikes on Eastern Ghouta killed nine people on Thursday.

600 people have been reported killed in Ghouta since February 18,

via Syria ceasefire: Aid blocked from entering Ghouta, violence continues despite UN resolution – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)