Dramatic Scenes as General Gordon Hotel in Sydney catches fire, roof collapses

A pub in one of Sydney’s most historic areas has caught fire, causing its roof to collapse. Fire crews raced to the General Gordon Hotel in Sydenham on Monday afternoon after smoke began to billow from the second floor.Nine crews, comprising 45 firefighters, responded to the incident and established an exclusion zone around the scene.

Fire and Rescue NSW said there was a total roof collapse and wall collapse.

A boarding house next door was evacuated as firefighters battled the flames.

Gleeson Avenue was closed at Burrows Avenue, with police officers redirecting traffic.

Trains were directed to bypass nearby Sydenham Station…

Source: General Gordon Hotel in Sydney catches fire, roof collapses – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)