Fire emergency at Leederville’s Hip-E Club #Perth. It was reported to have caught fire and crews were called to the site just off Newcastle Street

THE nightclub is reported to have caught fire and crews were called to the site just off Newcastle Street at 9am.

FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a Leederville nightclub.

The popular Hip-E Club was reported to have caught fire and crews were called to the site just off Newcastle Street at 9am.

7 News Perth reporter Rory Campbell said the club had gone up in smoke and firefighters could be seen dragging furniture out of the building.

He said a number of crews were working on extinguishing the flames from several spots around the building.

Paramedics are on standby but as yet no one is believed to have been injured.

Source: Fire emergency at Leederville’s Hip-E Club | PerthNow